This live instructor-led program will be hosted between February 22-24, 2018.
This course prepares you for the exam leading to the Business Relationship Management Professional Certification.
The Business Relationship Management Professional (BRMP®) training and certification program is intended as a comprehensive foundation for Business Relationship Managers (BRM) at every experience level, with the training and certification designed to provide a solid baseline level of knowledge regarding the BRM role and how well-cemented and effective BRM disciplines can positively impact overall business results.
THE “HOUSE OF BRM”
This comprehensive course introduces you to, and provides details for building “The House of BRM”, which includes the following three key aspects of Business Relationship Management:
1. The “Foundation” supports the BRM role and ensures it has the competencies to be effective and deliver value to both the provider organization and its business partners.
2. The “Pillars” define the BRM space in terms of Core BRM Disciplines: Demand Shaping, Exploring, Servicing and Value Harvesting.
3. The “Roof” protects Business Relationship Management as a key aspect of provider capability. It does this by ensuring clarity around the role, discipline, and organizational capability of Business Relationship Management in the context of the Provider Strategy and Operating Model.
There is also focus and details provided for the Four Core BRM Disciplines:
• Demand Shaping stimulates, surfaces and shapes business demand for provider services, capabilities and products. It ensures that business strategies fully leverage provider capabilities, and that the provider service portfolio and capabilities enable business strategies. Most importantly, Demand Shaping is focused on optimizing the business value realized through provider services, capabilities and products—that low value demand is suppressed while higher value demand is stimulated
• Exploring identifies and rationalizes demand. Business Relationship Management helps sense business and technology trends to facilitate discovery and demand identification. Exploring is an iterative and ongoing process that facilitates the review of new business, industry and technology insights with potential to create value for the business environment. The key benefit of this discipline is the identification of business value initiatives that will become part of the provider portfolio of services, capabilities and products
• Servicing coordinates resources, manages Business Partner expectations, and integrates activities in accordance with the business partner-provider partnership. It ensures that business partner-provider engagement translates demand into effective supply requirements. Servicing facilitates business strategy, Business Capability Road mapping, portfolio and program management
• Value Harvesting ensures success of business change initiatives that result from the exploring and servicing engagements. Value harvesting includes activities to track and review performance, identify ways to increase the business value from business-provider initiatives and services, and initiates feedback that triggers continuous improvement cycles. This process provides stakeholders with insights into the results of business change and initiatives
OTHER LEARNING OUTCOMES
This course will also cover:
• The characteristics of the BRM role
• What it means to perform as a strategic partner, contributing to business strategy formulation and shaping business demand for the provider’s services
• The use of Portfolio Management disciplines and techniques to maximize realized business value
• Business Transition Management and the conditions for successful change programs to minimize value leakage
• The BRM role in Service Management and alignment of services and service levels with business needs
• The principles of effective and persuasive communication
• The course has been segmented into several learning categories:
• Course Overview
• Key BRM concepts and the Business-Provider Maturity Model
• Demand Shaping
• Strategic Partnering
• Business Capability and Value Management
• Portfolio Management and Business – Governance
• Business Transition Management
• Relationship to Service Management
• Powerful Communications
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
• IT, HR, Finance AVPs VPs, Directors & Managers
• Business Relationship Managers or those in similar roles
• Quality Managers & Service Level Managers
• Portfolio Managers
• Project Managers
• Business Analysts
• Enterprise and Service Architects
• External Service Providers
• Representatives of shared services organizations
• Anyone interested in maximizing business value
There are no prerequisites for this course. We do strongly recommend attendees currently hold, at a minimum, a tactical level managerial position.
EXAM, CERTIFICATION & AWARDS
• The third day of the course includes a closed-book, 40 minute, 50 question multiple choice exam leading to the Business Relationship Management Professional Certification. This exam is administered by APMG International. You must attain a passing mark of 50% to be awarded the certificate
• You will attain 21 professional development units (PDUs) for Project Managers
• In addition, graduates of the course qualify for a designation, BRMP
A complement to the course, but not mandatory or required is the publication The BRMP Guide to the BRM Body of Knowledge. It can be purchased directly through Van Haren Publishing or on Amazon. If you are a member of the Business Relationship Management Institute, you are able to download a copy of this guide for free on the BRMI campus homepage.
A special 50% discount on the BRMI membership fee is available to all customers who purchase this course. Details of how to take advantage of this discount will be included in the confirmation letter you’ll receive after registering for the course.
Many of our courses are available in Virtual format – meaning you just need a good Internet connection and a comfortable location with minimal distractions to attend. Courses are usually presented from 9:00am to 4:00pm CT each day. When you register for the course you will receive more detailed information.
SELF-PACED ONLINE TRAINING
Many of our courses are available in a self-paced online learning format – meaning you can learn from your computer anywhere, anytime, at your own pace! Unlike many others, our self-paced courses are a comprehensive, very rich learning experience – almost like being in a classroom! And, they consistently receive rave reviews. Subscriptions are for 3 months from the date your account is activated.
All Pink Elephant’s courses, including this one, can be presented at your location. For more details, contact 1-888-273-PINK or firstname.lastname@example.org.
View terms and conditions related to public courses.
Fees do not include applicable tax, which is payable for all events presented in Canada.